WolfRide Aug 5th, 2017 (30, 50, & 70 mile routes)

lupus wolfride eureka fundraiser ride ironman charity granfondo race

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Jackson

Aaron Jackson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Competitive races and non-competitive rides.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hey all,

We're just over two weeks away from the WolfRide! The Lupus Foundation of America, Heartland Chapter is excited to bring the new and improved Lupus WolfRide Charity Cycling Event to beautiful Eureka, MO! The ride starts and finishes in Eureka’s Lions Park where the City is hosting their annual Route 66 BBQ Blast. Who doesn’t like BBQ?!  All paid cyclists will receive a ticket for a complimentary lunch.

Ride historic Route 66 with three route options through beautiful Eureka, Pacific, Gray Summit, Villa Ridge, and Washington, Missouri. Get your “licks” at the Route 66 BBQ Blast located at the finish line!

Bring the entire family – the event includes:
Food Tents, Beer Vendors, Cooking Demonstrations, Kids Activities, Live Bands, & Free Outdoor Movies

Designed for recreational cyclists and racers alike, the Lupus WolfRide has been named one of the best organized charity cycling events in the region! The WolfRide is put on to raise money for research, increase awareness of lupus, and rally public support for the estimated 1.5 million Americans who suffer from it's brutal impact. You can hit any distance (30, 50, 70 miles) as hard or as easy as you'd like! We'll have the routes professionally chip timed by Big River! Full, and we'll have full sag support and plenty of rest stops with fuel! There is a team discount! For teams guaranteeing 5 or more, each team member gets $20 off the registration fee! Team captains, please contact the Event Director (at 314-644-2222) for discount codes before registering.

Find out more and register at wolfride.com.

Thank you,

Aaron Jackson, Event Chair

Attached Thumbnails

• WolfRide_logo_2017.png

#2 Eric Humes

Eric Humes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for posting this, Aaron!  You know I wouldn't miss this event for the world!  :)

#3 Aaron Jackson

Aaron Jackson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

10 days away! Sign up! It's going to be a great day and great event!

#4 Aaron Jackson

Aaron Jackson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

3 days away! August 5th! Going to be great weather!
https://weather.com/...l/USMO0787:1:US
Come ride!!!

#5 jischr

jischr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Probably more my lack of preparation, but the St John hills were brutal.  Thankfully the temperatures were not typical August mid 90's. Could have used a bit more road markings, wasn't always sure I was on the correct road.  Rest stops were well spaced.  Overall a good ride.

#6 Eric Humes

Eric Humes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

Couldn't agree with you more on the qty of road markings!  I'm to blame for this because I was the one doing the marking!! ;-)  lesson learned.... Next year there will be more than enough markings.  

As far as the hills are concerned.... That one is on you!  There was probably more compliments on the course and the roads chosen for their unique challenges than any other aspect of the event.  Just think... Now you've got a few goals to shoot for!  If you're not using Strava, I'd recommend it for tracking your PR on specific climbs.  It really works great for that!

Thank you so much for supporting the cause and for participating in the 2017 WolfRide!

Cheers!

Eric

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lupus, wolfride, eureka, fundraiser, ride, ironman, charity, granfondo, race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users