2 replies to this topic

#1 talon211

talon211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

I have a set of around 2011 Mavic Ksyrium SLS road wheels.  When swapping a saddle tonight, I noticed that when I was pushing the bike forward out of my work area the pedals were spinning.  I put it back on the stand and if I spin the back wheel up and let go of the pedals, they keep spinning.  I can hold the pedal and it won't spin and the wheel keeps spinning.  Depending on how fast the wheel is spinning, I can get the pedals started back up with a little nudge.

Never had this issue before (probably because I haven't been riding enough).  Is the free hub or bearings going bad?  Does the wheel need maintenance?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't think the following would change anything, but just in case someone needs it.  It is a 2013 Specialized Venge running SRAM Red.

Thanks,
Ryan

#2 Diogenes

Diogenes

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

Sticky freehub - try using carb cleaner on hub and after it is dry - relube

#3 jischr

jischr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Check on you tube for a vid on  how to rebuild your hub.  Likely someone has made one.  If not check the Mavic site.  They generally have rebuild docs for their wheels.  It's not a difficult job to do.  Sticking in the engaged position will wear out your paws pre-maturely.  But if they stick in the retracted position you have a long  walk home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users