No replies to this topic

#1 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Looking for a reason to go out and ride your bike "long and fast?"  If so, circle May 7 on your calendar and keep training.
Marathon nats are being contested on the sweet trails of Iron Mountain, at DeGrey Lake, in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
If you've raced at the BTE, you've got the legs for Marathon Nats and when is the last time we had a national MTB race right in our backyard (well kinda)?
The trails at Iron Mountain have been professionally built (Progressive Trail Designs) and the course will be 2 laps for a total of 50 miles.

'Stars and Stripes ' jerseys will be on the line, as well as podium placing 5 deep.  Classes are divided into 5 year age groups all the way up to 70+.

We've got some fast MTB talent in the Show Me state so let's get down to Iron Mountain and put some of that talent on the podium.

BTW-I've raced the "Iron Mountain" marathon race as part of the AMBCS (Arkansas Race Series) and this course is really sweet.  Not as technical as something like the Ouachita Challenge, and there is just enough climbing to reward the "billy goats", but most the trail has some real fun flow and the climbing is disguised in lots of well planned "grade reverses!"  Fred Phillips -DLT Event Management, is the promoter and he does this for a living so his events are super professional.  DeGrey Lake is absolutely gorgeous and is 10 minutes from lodging, food, etc... as it is right on the edge of town.  There is resort lodging on the lake and also camping.

No, I'm not getting a "kick back" for the free promotion.  I just want to see all my Missouri racing buds go down and kick some butt and represent the region.

Here's the link's you need to see more details:
http://dltmultisport...on-mtn-mtb.html
https://www.usacycli...-bike-nationals

What are you waiting for?  Get registered and go kick butt!

Pappy Long

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users