Bubba CX and USA Cycling

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: USAC Racing

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you race Bubba if it were USAC sanctioned

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 illinihand

illinihand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Riding my bikes

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

Guys if you want to race more sanctioned races then put them on. Putting on CX races is really easy compared to road races. Bubba is not sanctioned because of the costs to Big Shark. Since they are a business that puts on races they cannot use as many volunteers as teams can. It is against the law. Also the venues that Big Shark uses require extra insurance to put them on. This means each race is $550 plus the $3.30 per rider fee. For as many races as Big Shark puts on and has to pay people to set up, tear down, and run, that is a LOT of money. Big Shark saves on insurance by buying it from THE SAME insurance from THE SAME insurance company you get through USAC, except they cut out USAC. If you are doing well in Bubba and want to upgrade I bet the upgrade coordinator will look the other way in regards to the races not being sanctioned. This is because we have so few sanctioned cx races in the area. Follow the same upgrade rules as USAC does and submit them and I bet you will be fine. If you are going to go race in Chicago your ranking is done through Bike Reg's website not USAC. The only row they rank off Chicago races is the front row and behind that they go off of https://www.crossresults.com/.
The pursuit of winning is everything.

Quantum Mesa Cycles

http://illinihand.blogspot.com/

#17 TheGatto

TheGatto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

^^^^^^ Thank you for this ^^^^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users