2016 Greensfelder Challenge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 rhadrj

rhadrj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

Just a couple of weeks out now and wanted to remind folks about a few items:
1. Pre-Registration is now Open here:https://greensfelder...e.com/register/ We really do appreciate folks registering early as it makes onsite check in so much easier.
2. T-Shirts are again for sale with 100% of the Proceeds going to our local trail heros (GORC). So please help us support this group. Plus, if you are not a card carrying member, join today at www.gorctrails.com
3. GORC has secured a great new Beer Sponsor for the Event, Standard Brewing Company. Check out their website here:http://www.standardbrewingstl.com/
4. New Course for 2016!!! We are excited to change things up a bit for this years race. We will be utilizing the new Fossil Ridge and Beulah Trails this year. We will eliminate the part of Declue behind Six Flags. Here is a Garmin Link of the actual Course: https://connect.garm...vity/1131069208
Bob Arnold
DRJ Racing

#2 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Greensfelder as a whole is about as good as it has been in 2 years, The race course is buff and fast, Below is a different race map version, thanks Pilznr.  

The best explanation on where you enter the single track to start the loop is: heading towards the cell tower on the gravel road, about half way up on your left is a rock mound and an opening for single track, hang a left and the rest is self explanatory.  There is now a sign with an arrow at this location.  

http://www.trailfork...lder-challenge/

with a hammer I can fix anything

#3 pwork

pwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

With the storms over the last few days, and potential for rain on Saturday, how will the trail hold up?  Haven't ridden/raced there in a few years, but its on my calendar this year.  If the race must be postponed, how/when will that info be disseminated?

#4 rhadrj

rhadrj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

It does OK in some spots but not so well in others.  But we will make that determination on Saturday.  We have a rain date of May 15.  It will be posted here, on Facebook and the UFD site (www.unitedindirt.com)
One thing I learned years ago is to never cancel on a forecast.  I called a race at CW many years ago with the same scenario.  The approaching storm slowed down and we missed an absolutely perfect day of racing.
Bob Arnold
DRJ Racing

#5 pwork

pwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll keep my eyes pealed.

#6 rhadrj

rhadrj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just a quick Friday morning update. According to GORC (not me, so don't read into "promoter calls hero dirt") the trail is in great shape right now. Pus the forecast is getting better every day we get closer. Again, we will update tomorrow with any changes, but we are Full Go at this point. So please Pre-Register https://greensfelder...e.com/register/ as it is a ton easier to show up, get your number and done in 2 minutes. If there are any changes in Date, full refunds will be available.
Bob Arnold
DRJ Racing

#7 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Race Course is in awesome shape, dead fall and debris has been thoroughly removed.  One thing of note to all participants--> there are 2-2 way sections on the race loop, The first is at the Declue-Fossil Ridge-Loop Rd intersection and the 2nd at the Fossil Ridge-Buelah merge.
Lets all be adults and practice safe riding and good sportsmanship in these areas, This isn't the NORBA Nationals, slowing down for 100 yards isn't going to hurt anyone. PEACE

#8 MTBadam

MTBadam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

Sure hope this race will happen, the new course is gonna be a blast to race on! One question about course prep tho. Were you guys able to clear the big tree that fell right after the 1st uphill switchback on the Declue trail or are we to be ready for some CX action, haha?

Thanks!

#9 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:16 AM

http://forum.gorctrails.com/

#10 JohnnyBigTime

JohnnyBigTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Just a heads up, there is a big root ball maybe a mile in to the race loop. Its kinda rideable but will lead to a MASSIVE log jam when people stop to walk it.
Also a Metal rod sticking up on one of the waterbars when you cross back over the road from Fossil ridge that should be hammered down.

#11 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

The rootball was addressed yesterday--->  www.gorctrails.com    ill take a look at the rebar on the water crossing

#12 marianrider

marianrider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Does anyone know how the trails are looking? Is the race still going to happen this weekend?

#13 supradude

supradude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

View Postmarianrider, on 13 May 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Does anyone know how the trails are looking? Is the race still going to happen this weekend?

Yes.  See http://forum.gorctra...d-this-weekend/
Pizza is life.  Beer helps.

#14 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

There may be a group of racers coming over from the west so any news on trail conditions and event status is appreciated.  Some of these racers are doing marathon so with the earlier start, they were planning on heading over and staying in the area,  We live by the standard, "always protect trails first" so we certainly appreciate the caution.

#15 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

View Postdolo, on 14 May 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

There may be a group of racers coming over from the west so any news on trail conditions and event status is appreciated.  Some of these racers are doing marathon so with the earlier start, they were planning on heading over and staying in the area,  We live by the standard, "always protect trails first" so we certainly appreciate the caution.
I would suggest you check out the gorctrails.com website for up to date info, there is an instagram feed that has current intel.  Great to see the folks from the western part of the state come enjoy some stl single track.  Remember the race times for Cat 1-2 are noon and not 11am.  See ya.