Marathon Nats in Arkansas 2017/2018

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

For all you endurance racers out there, Fred Phillips and his promoting group DLT Events have been awarded the mtb marathon nationals for the next two year cycle starting in 2017.  The race will be held on the Iron Mountain trails which are just out of Arkadelphia, Arkansas.  Fred has been instrumental in the development and additional improvements to that trail system.  Progressive Designs just recently added the "white Loop" so now there is approx. 25 miles of trails.
Racers will have an opportunity to preview the 2017 nats course at the Iron Mountain Marathon event, which is part of the AMBCS marathon series, and that event will be held on May 7th.  You can access more information at the AMBCS website.
BTW-Arkadelphia is about 20 miles south of Hot Springs so that area is really getting to be a destination with 3 IMBA Epic trails in the area: Womble, Ouachita, Lake Ouachita Vista Trail, and now the proximity of Iron Mountain.  For us endurance junkies, we have some of the best riding options in the USA.  And no, I haven't forgot about the Berryman and all the options we have closer to home.  I'm just glad I won't have to drive 1000 miles to race at nats for the next two years.

Pappy Long

#2 sai

sai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the info Pappy (lol)