Attention 60+ Masters racers!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

Hey all you mature racers out there.  If you like racing new competition that is closer to your age and don't mind a nice road trip, check out these two races down in the Tulsa area:
Cynergy Hurtland Cross-Sat. Nov. 21
http://www.usacyclin...ermit=2015-2669

and

Ruts N Guts-Sat./Sun.  Dec 5/6
http://www.usacyclin...ermit=2015-2549

Both these races have 60+ classes and you need to check out the payout at Hurtland.  That is no typo.  $1000 seven deep.  Ruts N Guts also has a nice payout for the old guys.  We've got 11 guys signed up for Hurtland so far and we want to support these events since they are trying to support masters racing.  I know Hurtland is short notice but sometimes those trips are the most interesting.   There is also a race in the area on Sunday if you want to double up.  All the info is on the USA Cycling website.  If your going to nats you are going to need to earn some points.  These races will have some pretty fast old farts that won't need a cane to get over the barriers

Just sorry Ruts N Guts is the same weekend as Jingle Rock.

Younger masters should check these races out also.  Better bring your A game cause there are lots of fast guys from Oklahoma and Texas.

Maybe I'll see you down there.

#2 rich pierce

rich pierce

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4614 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

Go kick some old butt Dolo!
Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

#3 pylondesigner

pylondesigner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

looks interesting.  Should be warmer there than Iowa.
  JPOW designed the course for this weekend.  think I'm too late to commit to that one.
Cheers, Dennis From St. Dallas

#4 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

Very professional race venue and challenging course.  Anyone familiar with Tulsa Tough and their road race is familiar with their product.  JPow created a course that had a little of everything:  stairs, ramps, off cambers, bridges, drop ins, and some paved sections.  Only thing missing was sand.  The hospitality area had food, beverage both adult and soft drinks, 4 tv monitors with college football.  For a first year event, the fields were competitive but I expect to see them morph once the word gets out about the payouts.  The race on Sunday was also at a cool venue with lots of elevation change.  It also had a nice race vibe and some neat features.  Barriers, logs, and a couple of special built span bridges.  Also a nice payout in the masters paying 5 deep.  It's always fun racing new faces and seeing how you stake up against other areas.  I got my arse handed to me on Saturday so it was a nice wake up call that I need to train harder and work on technique.  I highly recommend putting this event on your dance card for the future. I heard a rumor this event will be moved to October next year.  It's pretty much a straight shot from St. Louis and if you are up for the challenge, maybe enough prize money to pay for the weekend.

More racing in Broken Arrow in two weeks at Ruts N Guts.  The course last year included a sand pit, flyover, a mix of off camber and tech sections with some wide oen power sections.  It's always fun to cheer for the Missouri crowd so go check it out.  Good luck to any of the racers heading to Jingle Rock.