scoring at Queeny Park Bubba Race

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 ka375

ka375

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

The scoring for the Queeny bubba is not correct. I know there are incorrect positions in the C race and the Masters races since I know the individuals. Although not life altering, disappointing. Part of the fun is gauging yourself against others.

I noticed there were not any USAC officials present. The pre-reg discounted price is appreciated - but if the trade-off is not having trained people for scoring I would rather pay more.

The course was great and I think everybody had a good time - but please improve the scoring. I'm not yelling at anybody, and will definitely be there next week.

Regards,

Kevin Aubuchon

#2 cleeland

cleeland

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3829 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

Results are posted at the venue after each race.  Did you look at the results then?
Winner in absentia: '09 Moonlight Ramble

#3 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

So if results were posted, what are the rules(if any) about protesting?  Since USAC rules were not in effect, how does one know if there is a protest time?  

That being said, for those of us that travel to race there (Queeny is 2 1/2 hours from my house), we don't always have time to wait around for results; we need to get on the road to get back home to have time with family so we can get permission to race another day.

Nothing against the people, I think they were asked to do too much.  It is hard to keep track of the race by itself, but to be responsible for registration and scoring is asking them to do too much.

I still never got an answer if riders are covered for insurance, anyone know?  It may not matter to some, but I have been seriously injured in a race and it is nice to know that there is insurance there to cover you if you need it.

#4 theric85

theric85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

It kinda goes both ways. If you weren't top 5, why does it matter? I on the other hand gauge myself on the previous weeks race...how much more worst did i actually do. haha

#5 sseggebruch

sseggebruch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

View Posttileman, on 14 October 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

I still never got an answer if riders are covered for insurance, anyone know?  It may not matter to some, but I have been seriously injured in a race and it is nice to know that there is insurance there to cover you if you need it.

Insurance is required by St. Louis County Parks, so yes, the event was insured.

#6 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

View Postka375, on 12 October 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

The scoring for the Queeny bubba is not correct. I know there are incorrect positions in the C race and the Masters races since I know the individuals. Although not life altering, disappointing. Part of the fun is gauging yourself against others.

I noticed there were not any USAC officials present. The pre-reg discounted price is appreciated - but if the trade-off is not having trained people for scoring I would rather pay more.

The course was great and I think everybody had a good time - but please improve the scoring. I'm not yelling at anybody, and will definitely be there next week.

Regards,

Kevin Aubuchon
I get your point about measuring up against the competition, Instead of forum post you probably should have contacted the promoters offline with your comments. Speaking from a promoters perspective finding volunteers ain't easy and their capabilities and talents can be very limited. Timed scoring is pricey, Call Big River Running and see what a Bike Race cost, Your $22.50 entry fee will be significantly more.

I think the meaning of the Bubba series is too not take it too serious and consider it a fun Sunday afternoon event.

with a hammer I can fix anything

#7 rich pierce

rich pierce

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4614 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

This all got thrashed out on Facebook too.  Double down!
Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

#8 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

View Postsseggebruch, on 14 October 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I have no doubt that it is covered for liability insurance.  What I want to know rather than "yes it was insured",  does it cover medical as does USAC insurance that we all pay a fee for as part of the registration?

#9 rich pierce

rich pierce

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4614 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:27 AM

Ask Mike?  Seems he would be the person to know.
Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

#10 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

View Posttileman, on 14 October 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

I have no doubt that it is covered for liability insurance.  What I want to know rather than "yes it was insured",  does it cover medical as does USAC insurance that we all pay a fee for as part of the registration?

I really want to stay in my lane with this but why are you asking about the medical coverage?  We--WE elect to participate in an inherently dangerous sport, The onus and liability is on US as participants to have medical coverage not a 3rd party IMO. Again, I think it;s best to contact the race promoter 314-781-9566 off line with your questions.

with a hammer I can fix anything

#11 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostKracko, on 15 October 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

View Posttileman, on 14 October 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

I really want to stay in my lane with this but why are you asking about the medical coverage?  We--WE elect to participate in an inherently dangerous sport, The onus and liability is on US as participants to have medical coverage not a 3rd party IMO. Again, I think it;s best to contact the race promoter 314-781-9566 off line with your questions.

See my first post in this subject.  I repeat, I have been seriously hurt in a race and needed the USAC insurance to help cover medical costs.  

This is a subject for all, not just me personally and should be public knowledge; that is why I comment about it on this board rather than contact MW or Thistlegirl directly about it.  I would hope one of them would comment here so we all know.

Why you ask, because since I have been racing all but 1 race (last weekend at Queeny) I have ever been in have been USAC races.  We as USAC members know that part of our race fees pay for the insurance that will help us if we get hurt.  Now that the Bubba Series is not USAC, it would be nice to know if indeed we still have a similar coverage now.  By knowing one way or another, we have made the decision to race knowing what coverage we have.  Maybe I am the only one that cares, but at least I have a good reason to care and maybe others might want to know.

#12 cleeland

cleeland

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3829 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

View Posttileman, on 15 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

See my first post in this subject.  I repeat, I have been seriously hurt in a race and needed the USAC insurance to help cover medical costs.  
From the people I know who've been injured in racing situations, the "coverage" provided by USAC's insurance is neither particularly helpful nor generous. In a recent conversation with a completely different promoter in the state of MO, he told me that for less than USAC charged him he can purchase insurance that covers racers BETTER.

So if results were posted, what are the rules(if any) about protesting?  Since USAC rules were not in effect, how does one know if there is a protest time?
Maybe you're confusing "not affiliated with USAC" with "not using USAC rules"?

That being said, for those of us that travel to race there (Queeny is 2 1/2 hours from my house), we don't always have time to wait around for results; we need to get on the road to get back home to have time with family so we can get permission to race another day.
I certainly understand the need to get back home.  For me, if that's the case, then getting back home takes precedence over results and I leave and I don't worry about the results because they're not as important. That would also suggest that I hadn't finished in the money, which also suggests that the placing is only meaningful to me.  If it's only meaningful to *me*, then it really doesn't matter what the results sheet says because I will already know how I did in the race.

If my finish wasn't where I expected it to be, then I have 2.5h (or however long it is) to mentally review my race prep and the race itself and figure out what I could have done differently to improve my finishing position.  That review time is a win.
Winner in absentia: '09 Moonlight Ramble