Burnin 2015 was awesome, a big thank you!

burnin at the bluff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stu Robson

Stu Robson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

To all who helped make Burnin happen this year I want to say thank you. The  trail was perfect. The weather was incredible. The race was so smoothly organized I was amazed. I often take it for granted the time and effort that goes into making like this go off. However I want make sure you guys know that  you are truly appreciated. We are so fortunate to have all of these amazing races in our area! I argue we may have one of the best mountain bike race scenes in the country.

Specifically I want to thank Matt, Ralph and Mesa. You guys all did a great job. Some of the most fun I have ever had is in the old days when Ralph was doing the dirt crits. My family would come and watch and there was always good food, good music, and good times. Ralph you brought all of that to Burnin  this year! The food was ridiculous. I am used to a hot dog for a post race meal. However you served a buffet of amazing food.  Thank you Ralph. Matt you guys were perfect with the timing. I  appreciate you encouraging me when I came through and giving me time updates. You are awesome. Mesa you guys have always done a great job and are so generous to provide us with all the logistics and for sure the best belt buckle you could possibly ask for.

I hope we keep the same vibe next year and see twice as many racers out there.

Thank you all!

#2 borders

borders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

Well said Stu.  I didn't race but took advantage of the festivities.  Burnin' was my first race in Missouri back in 2012 and hooked me on the STL mountain bike community & race scene.  To mirror Stu's post thanks Trailnet, Ralph, Mesa, 2 timing guys, and Pfoodman folks I saw helping with trail maintenance, race setup and tare down.  Oh and thanks Keith for the boost yesterday morning when my truck wouldn't crank.  -Hunter
Hunter