Calendar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

Is it me or is the lack of cross races on the STL Calendar kinda strange?

#2 digyourownwhole

digyourownwhole

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

They just didn't plug it into the StLbiking calendar, but here it is: Bubba Memorial CX Series
http://gorydreadmond.com/

"Pointing out that I am an *sshole, doesn't make you any less of one." - Cory Redmond

#3 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

Thanks Cory,

I have seen that.  I just thought it weird that it wasn't posted on this one.  

I checked on USAC and they showed Bubba the other day.  Today they aren't showing the Bubba series at all.  Gremlins?

Seems kinda low on traffic/comments on this board lately.

Also I thought there was supposed to be a STL CX facebook page, can't seem to find it.  Although I must say, I am not adept at using facebook and sort of protest using it as much as possible.

#4 pylondesigner

pylondesigner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

search "St. Louis Cyclocross Racers" on the facebook search .
Cheers, Dennis From St. Dallas

#5 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

So is Bubba USAC permitted this year as the Big Shark website says?  I ask because it is still not shown on the USAC website.

If not, 2 questions:  Will there be insurance via another avenue?  Will results be posted to crossresults.com?

#6 wesboyce

wesboyce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:48 AM

I'm responding primarily to bump this up since I'm also curious about tileman's questions. I'll say I did notice a month or two ago that there was a pending USAC permit for the series. However, then I noticed the 10th or so comment down in the thread at the address below that said "I've heard that this year's Bubba races are NOT USAC." Then that pending permit disappeared. So the evidence (albeit possibly weak) says no USAC permit. I'll go out on a limb and say they will purchase insurance via another avenue since not doing so seems pretty risky.

http://stlbiking.com...e-for-beginner/
Wes Boyce

#7 eli26

eli26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

Anyone can submit results to crossresults.com as long as it is in the right format. I think you could probably make up results to a fake race and submit them if you did it right. If a promoter doesn't submit them you can always do it on your own.