Sharp "rock" at Meramec Levee Crit track

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 geo

geo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

I was out there doing a couple of laps this weekend and noticed some sharp slag (or so I assume) at the top of the little gravel climb on the course.  It is the first time I have noticed it the three or four times I have been out there ( non-racer myself).  I cut a tire pretty bad on a piece that was pointy side up.  I chucked that piece and a few other pieces that were hungrily waiting to eat some tires off to the side of the course.  

Has there always been that much there, or has the recent rains washed out the cover enough to expose it?  Either way just wanted to give everybody a heads up to pick your line carefully.  I know cut tires are a fact of the sport, but it sucks to do it while practicing.

#2 itsboz

itsboz

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

Thanks.  There was an old glass factory on these grounds and some of the old slag can still be found.  

TTG and Pfoodman Racing will assess and make trail adjustments as needed.  Please appreciate this track is the property of the City of Valley Park and TTG and Pfoodman Racing work in cooperation with the city to maintain the trail.  To that end, we appreciate others not operating on their own to make trail adjustments, but appreciate the heads up.
Craig Basler

#3 geo

geo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

Of course, I didn't dig up anything. Just moved aside the few inch size or so pieces that were laying loose on the surface.  

No shovel work here, I appreciate the track and the owners, maintainers, and designers.