OT100

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 rhermsmeyer

rhermsmeyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

Any news on the Ozark Trail 100?

#2 Kracko

Kracko

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

http://www.ozarktrai...00mtb/index.php

The GORC website is the best source for this info, Jim Davis (promoter) continually is posting updates on the race happenings.

with a hammer I can fix anything

#3 JasonZ

JasonZ

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Jim Davis is no longer the promoter. I was told last night by someone that rode on Sunday 8/16, there are ~24 trees down on the Karkaghne section. OTA better get to makin some saw dust!

#4 TTM

TTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:43 PM

I resigned as race promotor in June.  I had several disagreements with the OTA leadership over how funding from the event was to be utilized and disposition of proceeds from last years event.
I forwarded all of this year and last years race documentation to the OTA president Roger Allison. After he acknowledged receipt of the Bike Reg page access, I have not heard a single word from him or any other board memeber regarding the event.
I would direct all questions to the facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ot100mtb If you are not on fb the try http://ozarktrail.com/contact.php
I wish the organization the best and hope they can regroup and continue the legacy of the Ozark Trail Association.
Best of luck to the organization and to all of the racers signed up for this years event.

#5 mgrumke

mgrumke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

Our volunteer group that staffed Check Point 1 at Mack Road in 2014 has decided to not participate this year. We informed Roger of this last month.
We continue to support the OTA and wish them luck with the event though we strongly disagree with some decisions made in regards to the event.
Mark Grumke

#6 Beck

Beck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

I don't know what happened, but it sounds like there are some issues.  Which is unfortunate.  Hopefully, these things can get resolved because after reading all of the good reports from last years race I had put this race on my bucket list.  Even though I don't race often, this was a goal that I eventually wanted to accomplish before I turned 50 which is in 2 years.

#7 rich pierce

rich pierce

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4614 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

I can't thank last year's organizers enough, for the best racing day and night of my life.  It's still the same terrain, the same 100 miles of awesomeness.  Folks testing their limits, and yours too.  Our club is committed to rest stop 3 and will feed you well.
Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

#8 mgrumke

mgrumke

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

View Postrich pierce, on 21 August 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

I can't thank last year's organizers enough, for the best racing day and night of my life.  It's still the same terrain, the same 100 miles of awesomeness.  Folks testing their limits, and yours too.  Our club is committed to rest stop 3 and will feed you well.
I have to say the folks at rest stop 3 are the Best ever at providing rider support. I stopped by there last year after our check point closed and they had full blown support of fresh pasta, fluids, foods, bike maintenance and of course tons of cheering and encouragement. These people are the best.
Mark Grumke