GWC hospitality

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 strahan

strahan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

The great news is that host housing requests for Gateway Cup are pouring in at a faster rate than in years prior, indicating that St. Louis will be packed with cyclists over Labor Day weekend.  The flip side.....need the generosity of the St. Louis cycling community to provide the housing necessary to accommodate all the requests!  Can you help?  We have requests ranging from solo cyclists to teams of 8 or more (which can be broken up into multiple houses within a same neighborhood)  We even have the Women's Columbian National Team coming in.....and need housing.  Please contact me via email, amystrahan@earthlink.net, if you are interested or have further questions about host housing.  Thank you all!  And if anybody has some encouraging words about host housing to share with others who might be considering it, please post!

#2 pylondesigner

pylondesigner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

I used host housing for the first time ever back in July for the first weekend of the Intelligentsia Cup In Chicago.  My son and I ended up staying with another Masters racer that I raced with on both days. The best part of it was feeling more like it was a home town race, than a travel race. Good conversation, and access to a kitchen allowed us to eat right and be better prepared to race.  Plus I didn’t have to share the hotel space with the bikes.  At first I was a bit unsure, but after doing it I’d say it is a much better experience than hoteling it.  I got to make a  new contact  in the cycling community and we found out that we had mutual contacts thru cycling.  I’ve opened up my house here in st. louis for racers and other cyclists traveling thru, and have had a lot of fun meeting new people.
Cheers, Dennis From St. Dallas

#3 strahan

strahan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Thank you for the great host housing endorsement, Dennis!  This is a fantastic way to show our St Louis hospitality to the cycling community toward one of the biggest cycling events in the region.  Please consider!