WTB Superprestige Cross series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 bmxroadie

bmxroadie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and Girls. Here we have the race schedule for the WTB Superprestige Cross Race series.

September 13th  Rock Springs Park in Alton
September 27th Gordon Moore Park in Alton
October 11th LaVista Park in Godfrey
October 18th Gordon Moore Park in Alton

Permits are being processed as we speak and we are looking to make this a series event again this year. Please visit facebook at the following link to get more info

https://www.facebook...stigeCyclocross
OMT and if you don't know, YOU SHOULD!

#2 bmxroadie

bmxroadie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

So here is an update to these races. We are only doing the first 2 dates as we have no desire to schedule races on the same day as Bubba. With that being said these races will also count towards BUBBA points so it will be a good headstart on their series. Thanks Mike Weiss for that helping hand and also for the use of the step in stakes. We are adding some new features at The Rock so even if you have raced here before this course will be different than before. If you have any questions drop a pm here. Or call Wild Trak and ask for Tom 618-462-2574. Also updates will be posted on the above facebook link.

#3 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Well that was fun.  Quite the wake up to cross season.  Loved the licorice hand ups!

#4 bmxroadie

bmxroadie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Here we are again in anticipation of CX racing. This Sunday we will be racing at Gordon Moore park in Alton. If you liked racing at the Rock then you will LOVE racing at Gordon Moore. We are gonna be determining course layout tomorrow night and will have course setup on Saturday. Same race schedule as The Rock. As an added benefit we are working with Team Rev and they are holding a CX clinic that morning before racing starts. They will be going over skills for cx with some OUTSTANDING instructors and then you will be allowed to use the course to try out your new skills. Info for that clinic is already posted in this forum. Please follow at https://www.facebook...locross  this will be updated with all info as well

#5 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

For some reason that link won't open.   Where can the schedule be found?

#6 geo

geo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Here is the first batch of pics that I have tracked down, other than the podium pics on WTB's website.  Does anybody else know of more out there?  I didn't even notice the woman taking these, but I know there was a gentleman at the top of the big hill my first two laps, and at the bottom of that hill on my last two.  

https://photogbuddie...g2015/i-FsNjz44

#7 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for taking pics geo.  Kinda like to have some pics of my friends for my photo album.  Nothing personal to you or my friends, but I'm not paying $9.95 per pic for the download option.  I don't think my Mom would even pay that for a pic of my ugly mug.

#8 geo

geo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

View Posttileman, on 30 September 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

Thanks for taking pics geo.  Kinda like to have some pics of my friends for my photo album.  Nothing personal to you or my friends, but I'm not paying $9.95 per pic for the download option.  I don't think my Mom would even pay that for a pic of my ugly mug.

Well I won't take it personally as I am not the photographer who is charging for said photos :).  I just stumbled upon the link on a comment on the WTB Superprestige Facebook page.  I am still waiting for the other photographer near the steep climb and following descent to surface.  That being said I paid the fee for the one of myself, call it vain, but it was my first race so wanted to have an image from it.  

Hindsight says that next time I see a photographer, approach him after the race and get his name.