Penalties for stupid behaviour?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 nomoretickets

nomoretickets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

Another guy here who wasn't at or in this race. However, as someone who has been both accused of (retrospectively rightly so) risky riding, been on the receiving end of it, and whined about it plenty on the internet, I feel fairly comfortable in saying that at no point does complaining on the internet solve anything for any party. As so excellently stated by Jack, "Stoopid Shit" happens in races. If you observe Stoopid Shit in your race, feel free to bring it up over beers once its all over, shake hands, and move on. Chances are that person already knows they committed the sin of Stoopid Shit, and raging at them will accomplish nothing if they dont. Lastly, lets remember that Stoopid Shit may be committed by even highly experienced and highly cautious riders, and odds are you will commit Stoopid Shit at some point in the future.  

FWIW I've never met a Cyclery team rider who was sketchy, risky, or incompetent. I dont imagine that the guys over there would let someone continue uncorrected on their team who was making anything less than their best effort to be a proper sportsman and competitor.

Zach Slavens
"And you should know that by being a racing driver, you are under risks all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver, because we are competing. We are competing to win, and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory; it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th." - Ayrton Senna

#32 zootv

zootv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

hi, leave Chris alone, I've been racing with him for 35 years,  day one!   Don't suck his wheel so close,  If your faster, don't you think you should of been in front,/// faster rider has right away, heck he can ride fast, slow, fast, slow,  who cares,  pass him if you can,   90% of the people need the power of the peloton on Tues nights ,  just to make it, show me something, solo,   ghis   chill out people,   do what you wish,  but always remember,  your behind him.   peace shawner,

#33 FattyM

FattyM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

Way too much civility and level-headed discussion in this thread.