State Champs in Parkville/Ruts N Guts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 dolo

dolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hey all, I've been absent from the boards this year but have been fortunate to see many of you at the MTB and cross races.  I always love to race with my eastern St. Louie racing buddies.

I want to encourage the cross racers from the eastern side of the state to head over to Parkville (suburb of KC) and race at the Missouri State Cross Championships. The race venue and race course is located adjacent to down town Parkville and the Missouri river.  Quant shops, plenty of parking, etc...  The park does not have a lot of elevation but lots of space to be creative with turns, etc.. and a sand pit that has been used in the past. This is one of the favorite courses in the KC area and Joe Fox is a experienced course designer and promoter.  The state cx champs is a week later than normal, Sat. Dec. 13th.  The later date is good for racers extending the season to nats.  Many of us will be heading to Oklahoma for Ruts N Guts the first weekend of Dec.  I highly recommend that race if your looking for a road trip and top competition.  This will be a UCI race in 2015 and they even have a 60+ class for us mature racers.

Come on over and race with us.
Pappy Long

#2 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

But Doug its such a long drive all the way over to the complete entire other side of the state and that may require me to fill up the car with a full tank and then the countless minutes of windshield time...  HA!  It goes both ways (east and west coast) kids so don't think I am picking on a particular side of the state (actually digging on both)...  Just spreading a little humor from a guy who 3hrs or less drive to an event is considered 'local'.

#3 larry

larry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

Is there a link to the race flyer for the State Championship race in Parkville?