Gateway Cross Cup Queeny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I was just looking at the course map and am a bit confused.  I see two sets of stairs where I don't remember stairs.  I could guess one may be the Flyover.  Can anyone give us the scoop?

Are we to park in the lower parking lots?

#2 FreeAwesome

FreeAwesome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

I was just there a couple hours ago and rode the course a few times and the stairs are just wood planks shoved into the hillside with mulch dumped on the top side of each "step". The temporary kind you see in UCI races. There are maybe 4 or 5 steps to run. They are technically ride-able, but its pretty slow goings and you will be left in the dust. So its not like we will be running the concrete steps or anything.  And yes, parking looks to be in the lower lots and along the driveway that leads into the park.

Have Fun and see ya this weekend!

#3 Steve T.

Steve T.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Re. Parking
Enter the Weidmann rd entrance and turn left into the first open driveway ( before the playground).
The very first drive on the left after you enter the park, also called the ridge road, will be closed to vehicles for the weekend, so no parking up top like past races.

#4 tileman

tileman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Kudos to Thistlegirl for her efficient and prompt work at registration and posting results.

#5 Redline

Redline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Who ever laid out that course did an amazing job.  The space at queeny is huge and the course takes advantage of all of it with some fast flowing sections, tight twisty, and off camber to boot.  Kudos!