- STLBiking Cycling Community
- → Highest Reputation Content
Highest Reputation Content
Posted seamonkey on 06 August 2017 - 04:41 PM
Does not include any manual, support or cloud hosting. Rakes in mad cash with Ad Sense featuring any and all ads ranging from Walmart Cheese curds to E-surance policies designed to protect you from cyclists that crash into your sweet riviera while your chopping them at the right hand entrance to quiktrip.
It's too bad the social media platforms have decentralized all of STL's hobby/sport communities. STLBiking is not immune to this issue or any other bike-related site.
We all should mine the archives and pull out the best-ofs. I mean let's keep it 2009, right?
see you on facebook.
Posted herb tarlek on 09 January 2017 - 09:30 AM
Posted Coathangeroflove on 14 October 2016 - 07:23 AM
1) I thought StL Biking was dead.
2) People used to complain about Bubba being USAC. Now USAC is gone, and here we are.
3) lotta talk about how to better run a series or a race. There are *plenty* of dates that are open for possible races in this region, and more potential venues than you can shake a stick at. So why not give it a go and get a race together? Make it happen. You'd be surprised how much help you'll get. More races means a stronger, more vibrant scene. You can even make it a USAC race if you want.
Posted cleeland on 07 October 2016 - 12:02 PM
Bubba used to be USAC. Last year was the first year it wasn't. I think its participation numbers were either even or up from prior years.
With regard to others' taking the time to put on a race that is USAC--I say go for it! Most of the Bubbas are Sunday...so go for a Saturday and there's no conflict. There are so many great possible venues in MO/SoIL. Mike has always been helpful sharing knowledge with people who want to promote (used to call it "race in a box"), and there are several other people who've promoted in the past and would likely be happy to share their war stories (Rich Pierce and Jeff Yielding and Mark French come to mind right off the top of my head). Shoot...maybe somebody would want to revive the Vildrijden CoIL if the supportive mayor is still in office.
Lots of opportunities. Bubba gives people a chance to race who might not, otherwise (e.g., a co-worker of mine who probably wouldn't bother coming out if he had to pony up for a license), and there are a bevy of Saturdays available throughout the season (especially after early December this year). Don't forget that CX season extends all the way into Jan/Feb.
Finally, regarding seeding for races elsewhere, if you're actually moving to another location and planning to do a lot of races there, ask the promoter if they'll take crossresults rankings into consideration for starting position.
Posted ka375 on 06 October 2016 - 08:04 AM